[Qgis-developer] Re: Posting parameters for the various Qt libs

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Aug 16 17:14:34 EDT 2009

Hi

Please don't attach such large attachments unless they are solicited. In
general you should upload them to a photo sharing service and just mail
the link....it will go a long way to making people want to help you if
you don't kill their slow internet connections...:-(

anibal alarcon wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I found in the list advanced mode of options after ccmake .. (t), only
> this problems (QTNETWORK thats OK):
>
> QT_QTMOTIF_INCLUDE_DIR
> QT_QTMOTIF_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>  QT_QTMOTIF_LIBRARY_DEBUG
> QT_QTMOTIF_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
>  QT_QTMOTIF_LIBRARY_RELEASE
> QT_QTMOTIF_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
>  (QT_QTNETWORK_INCLUDE_DIR         /usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork
> QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY             /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so
>  QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY_DEBUG
> QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
>  QT_QTNETWORK_LIBRARY_RELEASE     /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so)
>
>  QT_QTNSPLUGIN_INCLUDE_DIR
> QT_QTNSPLUGIN_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>  QT_QTNSPLUGIN_LIBRARY_DEBUG
> QT_QTNSPLUGIN_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
>  QT_QTNSPLUGIN_LIBRARY_RELEASE
> QT_QTNSPLUGIN_LIBRARY_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
>

> For the rest are just missing debug (QT_QTXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND),
> which is the QTMOTIF_LIBRARY and the QTNSPLUGIN_LIBRARY ? where are
> they?

NSPLUGIN and MOTIF stuff you can safely ignore I think. I did a test
build of timtut2 here just to be sure it was all still working ok. It
compiles fine against QGIS 1.2 'Daphnis'. Here is what I have on my
ccmake screen:

 CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY    2.4

 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE

 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX             /usr/local

 EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH

 GDAL_CONFIG                      /home/timlinux/apps/bin/gdal-config

 GDAL_CONFIG_PREFER_PATH          /bin

 GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR                 /usr/local/include

 GDAL_LIBRARY                     /usr/lib/libgdal1.6.0.so

 GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR                 /usr/include

 GEOS_LIBRARY                     /usr/lib/libgeos.so

 LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

 QGIS_CORE_LIBRARY
/home/timlinux/apps/qgis_trunk/lib/libqgis_core.so

 QGIS_GUI_LIBRARY
/home/timlinux/apps/qgis_trunk/lib/libqgis_gui.so

 QGIS_INCLUDE_DIR
/home/timlinux/apps/qgis_trunk/include/qgis

 QGIS_PLUGIN_DIR
/home/timlinux/apps/qgis_trunk/lib/qgis

 QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE              /usr/bin/qmake

Also check your QGIS_INCLUDE_DIR (press 't' first to toggle on advanced
settings) is set correctly - on my system it looks like:

 QT_QT_INCLUDE_DIR                /usr/include/qt4/Qt

Hope that helps. I suggest asking your tiff question in a separate
thread as it will be lost to other devs if you bury it in an existing
thread.

Regards

Tim

> Thanks for the help
>
> Anibal
>
> Otherwise, I was trying QGIS with plugin Mapnik and work fine, but my
> hacker google images ( :P ) that are geoTIFF are displayed in black &
> white ...

- --

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services