[Qgis-developer] Real-Time Data rendering

sergio cavalcante sergio.cavalcante at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:54:03 EST 2009

Hello guys,

I'm using QGIS with C++ and Qt to develop an application to show radar
information, in the case, georreferenced rasters and layers.

Studying the App example that comes with QGIS, I've already reached this
goal, including with some other capabilities that the requirements
demanded, like Zoom, Coordinates and Layers, but in a "Offline" way.

Now, what I really need is to know if there is a way, using the QGIS API to
render the raster information in a real-time, like that radar applications,
which shows a line (like analog clock second pointers), and draws the points
while the line passes on a section of the mapcanvas.

Thanks in advance, and sorry about my poor english.

Best Regards