[Qgis-developer] Re: qgsRelate (Table joins in QGIS)

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:41:13 EST 2009

The idea behind this plugin is that it would use qgsvectorlayer  (that
supports shapefile, postgresql, grass, dbf, etc) and would join only a
single feature attributes.
So i'm proposing that the user would select a feature and would be able to
find everything related to it. Every relationship could be stored in a
relationship file so that you could reproduce it for a given data model.
It's a major problem in Brasil because we defined a new spatial model and
qgis is not able to read relationships. At least, the user should be able to
build them to look for non-spatial relations of a given feature.
Well, as soon as I have a working plugin i'm going to release it. If anyone
have interest in it, please tell me so I can continue working without
loosing my time. :P
Mauricio de Paulo