Windows Printing problems, was: Re: [Qgis-developer] roadmap

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 3 09:20:18 EST 2009

Hi Florian,

strange - I don't seem to have these printing problems. I print on
linux/windows on various paper sizes.

What Windows version are you using? I tested on Win2000 and WinXP. I never
had your problems and it seems like Marco cannot reproduce either. I
assume he is on XP.

Are you sure you set the page format correctly everywhere? Note that under
Windows you have to set it at various/multiple places:

* in qgis (print composer, "General" Tab --> paper size)
* in the printing dialogue of Windows/QT
* in the preferences of your printer (if the two dialogues don't
synchronize themselves)

Usually those dialogues know nothing about each other, thus you have to
set it multiple times.

The other question is: can other people reproduce the strange behavior
that happens on Florians PC?

Andreas