[Qgis-developer] Better attribute table - c++ plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:51:43 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce on the behalf of our qgis-mapper team a new
attribute table implementation for Quantum GIS. For those impatient,
the source is available here:
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/beata-snapshot-090502.tar.gz

To install it, copy it to your svn trunk (1.0.0 source should be fine
too) into src/plugins/ directory. Then just edit
src/plugins/CMakeLists.txt, add there directory "beata" and that's it
- just compile and run!

The new implementation (called beata - short for better attribute
table) features:
- using Qt model/view design
- faster startup - the model fetches only features in the window
- fallback model that caches everything in memory (for layer that
don't support random access)
- cursor in table independent from currently selected row
- better usage of available space

We'll be happy to hear some feedback from you!
I hope there will be enough interest to put the plugin into SVN, and
in case that everyone's confident with new implementation, it could
replace the current implementation.

Regards
Martin