[Qgis-developer] Better attribute table - c++ plugin

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Feb 5 22:22:20 EST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce on the behalf of our qgis-mapper team a new
> attribute table implementation for Quantum GIS. For those impatient,
> the source is available here:
> http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/beata-snapshot-090502.tar.gz
>
> To install it, copy it to your svn trunk (1.0.0 source should be fine
> too) into src/plugins/ directory. Then just edit
> src/plugins/CMakeLists.txt, add there directory "beata" and that's it
> - just compile and run!
>
> The new implementation (called beata - short for better attribute
> table) features:
> - using Qt model/view design
> - faster startup - the model fetches only features in the window
> - fallback model that caches everything in memory (for layer that
> don't support random access)
> - cursor in table independent from currently selected row
> - better usage of available space
>
> We'll be happy to hear some feedback from you!
> I hope there will be enough interest to put the plugin into SVN, and
> in case that everyone's confident with new implementation, it could
> replace the current implementation.

Martin,

On OS X from most current svn (10113), I have this problem:

[ 83%] Building CXX object src/plugins/beata/CMakeFiles/
beataplugin.dir/qrc_beata.o
Linking CXX shared module libbeataplugin.so
Undefined symbols:
   "QgsSearchQueryBuilder::searchString()", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgisApp::editCopy(QgsMapLayer*)", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::copySelectedRowsToClipboard()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgsSearchQueryBuilder::QgsSearchQueryBuilder(QgsVectorLayer*,
QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>)", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgsSearchQueryBuilder::~QgsSearchQueryBuilder()", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgsSearchQueryBuilder::setSearchString(QString)", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::advancedSearch()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgisApp::zoomToSelected()", referenced from:
       BeataDialog::zoomMapToSelectedRows()       in BeataDialog.o
   "QgisApp::smInstance", referenced from:
       __ZN7QgisApp10smInstanceE$non_lazy_ptr in BeataDialog.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [src/plugins/beata/libbeataplugin.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/plugins/beata/CMakeFiles/beataplugin.dir/all] Error 2

John