[Qgis-developer] Better attribute table - c++ plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:56:36 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM,  <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> I have two remarks though:
>
> 1: I am not so sure if it is user-friendly to hide all "Actions" behind
> the action button. It may be good for devices with small screens, but for
> regular desktop-computers I think the previous solutions with
> buttons/icons was more straight-forward. One could even think about more
> functionality for future tables - and I think an extra toolbar for extra
> table functionality wouldn't be too bad.

See my reply to Carson's mail...

> 2: I tested with a Postgis table and your Beata table implementation did
> not show a column with the Postgis data type "Numeric" correctly. It just
> displayed a column with no header and all NULL values instead.

I probably know what's the problem. I think there's missing a mapping
of column indices. If the provider has 3 columns, they could be e.g.
0,1,3 - but the attribute table asks for 0,1,2. This is sometimes a
case with postgresql, as the indices for columns are not reused (you
can check in postgis manager whether there is a hole or the problem is
really related to Numeric type.

> Should I add a bug-report to track regarding issue 2?

Not necessary, I'll keep it on our todo list...

Martin