[Qgis-developer] Some concerns about QGIS on OS X, part 1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 13 00:35:41 EST 2009

Hi

On Sunday 08 February 2009 03:16:59 Mac Programmer wrote:
> Out of curiosity, has anyone actually tried the C++ examples in the
> 1.0 user guide, particularly on a Mac? I'm finding them pretty rough
> sledding.
>
> Chapter 14, C++ plugin example:
>
> The SVN sources for this example looked pretty old (2006), so I just
> copied and pasted step 1 into .pro, .h and .cpp files, then modified
> the .pro file as best I could figure for my system. Then what? Well,
> it doesn't say. After some googling, I tried running qmake and then
> make - nothing happened.

Hmm this example is indeed out of date since we have moved to using CMake for
all build tasks and this plugin example does not yet reflect this. I have added
a note in the manual sources that this section needs updating. For now I
suggest using the plugin builder script to generate a cmakelists.txt if you
want to build your plugin within the source tree,

If you are looking for an example of a QGIS plugin that is built outside of
the QGIS source tree I can suggest you take a look at Peter Erst's 'EVIS'
plugin which I believe builds under OS X too:

svn co https://svn.biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/public/evis/trunk/evis

Best Regards,

--
Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net