[Qgis-developer] Better attribute table - c++ plugin

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 13 03:49:57 EST 2009

Hi

On Sunday 08 February 2009 11:43:55 Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> > Do you plan to replace the current table implementation or add this as an
> > additional plugin? Personally I think it will be better to replace the
> > existing table. I havent had a chance to look at / try your code yet, but
> > for me the ideal would be to have a qgstablemodel added to core and a
> > qgstableview added to gui, and then the table implementation to use these
> > on a form. Is that the way you planned it?
>
> I plan to replace the current table with the new implementation when
> we'll be happy with the new one. From the beginning I would leave the
> table in app itself, later we could move it to gui library. Is there
> any reason to put model to core library? Although it's not a gui class
> I don't see benefits of having a model alone in core library.
>
> bye
> martin

One benifit that I can think of is that 3rd party developers could use the
model in their own table view implementations. I think this will be especially
useful if you implement delegates with widgets in your table view
implementation as others have suggested - since 3rd party apps may want to
implement more basic / different views.

Also I think for logical consistency it makes sense to put it into core since
it is a non gui class.

Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Visit http://linfiniti.com for more information
   about the QGIS and FOSS services we provide.
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net