AW: [Qgis-developer] Planning for release of QGIS 1.1.0, 1.0.1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 13 04:37:50 EST 2009

Hi

On Friday 13 February 2009 10:45:06 Hugentobler Marco wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> >Secondly, I would like to get the release checklist timelines done for
> > QGIS 1.1 [2] and to do that I need to get a better idea of current status
> > and plans. I am hoping that we can release by the end of March or early
> > April - how does that work for everyone?
>
> When do you estimate feature freeze?
> Because I like to make the overlay (diagram) branch ready for testing next
> week. I hope there is still time for testing and merging before freeze.

I was going to let people populate the checklist with the features they have
in queue and an estimate of when they think it will be ready, and then draw up
a timetable for that. Certainly I will make sure to give you adequate time to
merge and test before freezing. I was thinking of feature freezing in the first
week of March and then we could use the hackfest to polish and bugfix. That
said it may be nice to be able to add features during the hackfest -- in which
case we could plan the feature freeze for late March, and a release in Mid
April?

Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Visit http://linfiniti.com for more information
   about the QGIS and FOSS services we provide.
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net