[Qgis-developer] Planning for release of QGIS 1.1.0, 1.0.1

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:54:12 EST 2009

Hi Tim!

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Can we take a few moments to realign ourselves towards another release?
>
> Firstly I would like to put out a 1.0.1 maintenance release. If anyone has
> additional language updates, bug fixes etc please get them into the stable
> branch over the next week. I will branch 1.0.1 on Friday 19th. I will not go
> through the full checklist process, but simply call for new packages on the
> 20th and announce the update when the release is packaged.

Releasing 1.0.1 in about a week sounds good.

> Secondly, I would like to get the release checklist timelines done for QGIS
> 1.1 [2] and to do that I need to get a better idea of current status and
> plans. I am hoping that we can release by the end of March or early April -
> how does that work for everyone?

I think that mid-April would be fine (so that svn trunk is open for hackfest).

> Could I ask all those who are busy with (or have implemented) new features in
> trunk the visit the checklist [2] and add your features near the top of the
> file and an estimate of the time you need to complete work on the feature.

Will do. I'd like to get improved attribute table and new symbology into 1.1.
Ideally also OpenStreetMap support, let's see what we'll manage to get ready...

> Also a couple of reminders:
>
> [...]

I would also add a reminder that when modifying some class in
qgis_core or qgis_gui, the devs should make sure that they've synced
the changes with python bindings.

Regards
Martin