[Qgis-developer] Xcode project in qgis svn

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Feb 16 21:43:57 EST 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:30 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Gary,
>
> If this gets added to svn, would you be willing to help detail the
> build instructions. I gave it a quick attempt yesterday, but gave up
> due to my lack of familiarity with XCode (I'm also using a newer
> version: 3.1.1). The developer instructions are useful, but seem to
> anticipate a level of experience with Apple's dev environment than
> many of us probably possess. It sounds like you were able to break
> through on that.

Yeah, random notes in the developer readme.  needs much work.

I suppose I'm a bit terse in the main readme... that's mostly from the
original readme when I played around with Xcode a couple years ago.
At the time I guess I was assuming Xcode familiarity.

Suggestions for user-friendliness welcome.  One idea just occurred to
me - a shell script to generate qgis_user.xcconfig.  I can use stuff
from my build scripts for my frameworks.  Accepting defaults would
really just make an empty file (Xcode complains if it's missing).  I
should be able to get the different levels of configuration handled in
a friendly way (those levels were meant to be friendly themselves, but
require manual editing right now).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy