[Qgis-developer] qgismapcomposer questions

massimo di stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 19 09:02:43 EST 2009

Hi,

i haven't a long experience using the qgis mapcomposer,
so apologize me if my questions are bad formulated,
the mapcomposer in the last time had a great enanchments cool!
.... but i've some problems (maybe related to my platform OSX)
specially :

1 - tring to print a map in pdf using A4, all works as aspected
      while changing the map dimension to A3 or other size ... it
print a "truncated map"
      using "save as image" i haven't problems, it respect the size
and resoluction i chosed.
      see :

2 - How can i reset the map composer ?
       if i've a qgis project file .qgs ,  open it
       try to print a map ...  then close qgis, reopening the
mapcomposer
       i can see that it don't start from an empty canvas ... so :
      how can i reset it, to use a fresh composer in the qgs file i
saved ?
      (simply :  "don't save the project if you used mapcomposer
first ???")

thanks for any help,

Massimo

Massimo Di Stefano
massimodisasha at yahoo.it

epifanio on   irc.freenode.net  /join gfoss

strk - sorry i'm not able to delete the automatic footer :-(