[Qgis-developer] qgis_help executable crash on macox

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Feb 19 09:48:05 EST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 7:53 AM, massimo di stefano wrote:

> Dyld Error Message:
> Library not loaded: @executable_path/lib/libqgis_core.1.1.dylib
> Referenced from: /opt/gis/qgis11/costruzione/qgis1.1.0.app/Contents/
> MacOS/bin/qgis_help.app/Contents/MacOS/qgis_help Reason: image not
> found

Qgis links its libraries relative to Qgis on OSX.  Which means
qgis_help must be adjusted with install_name_tool to point back
further to the core library.

The scripts in the mac folder can take care of this, Tom would have
more details.  Or you can try my new Xcode project (check my download
page).  It includes all the bundling and install_name_tool stuff.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war