[Qgis-developer] deb package dependencies

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 23 20:05:06 EST 2009

Case and point as I mentioned the other day. Sometime the debs are
missing important things between upgrades.
I did an upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1 via the launchpad ppa repo.

python-qgis-common was not selected since it was a new package and
python-qgis did not have a dep to pull it.

The result was I didn't have the python plugin installer on my system
and had no idea why since all my previously installed plugins were still
there and the python console too.

Note for the future, if you end up splitting a package when people do
upgrades you need to pull the new packages too or at least add the
recommend so the user sees it, and properly remove all the old
ones(didn't always happen in the past). Otherwise the end user just
get's quite confused.

Thanks,
Alex