[Qgis-developer] new generation symbology

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 13:30:37 EST 2009

Hi

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM, John C. Tull <john.tull at wildnevada.org> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> This sounds like a great project. I've installed the plugin using a debug
> build of the latest svn code from trunk on OS X.
>
> When I click on the paint palette icon, I get a window that has a purple
> background and a button in the upper left that says "set renderer", but
> nothing is rendered in that window. I am using a line layer with road
> information that is rendered fine in the map canvas. Is that correct (it
> sounds like the layer should render in the window).

This is correct. It's just a simple window with "set renderer" button
in the upper-left corner. The rest of the window should be used for
the rendered layer.

> Once I change settings from the set renderer window, I see no way to apply
> these changes. Again, there is only one button in the renderer window. It
> appears that the gui is not displaying correctly on my system. I notice this
> message repeatedly in the Console, if it helps:
> 1/4/09 9:55:54 AM [0x0-0x29d29d].org.qgis.qgis[37347] FOOK

The settings are applied immediately when the dialog is closed with OK
button. The reason why it doesn't display anything is that the
rendering is (not yet) implemented for multipolylines and multipoints.
I will implement that shortly, in meanwhile please try it with some
layers that contain only single-part geometries.

> I made a debug build, and this time it crashed when I tried the plugin with
> the following dump to the Console:
>
> 1/4/09 10:15:48 AM [0x0-0x2a22a2].org.qgis.qgis[43880] Warning:
> QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap
> 1/4/09 10:15:48 AM [0x0-0x2a22a2].org.qgis.qgis[43880] Warning:
> QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
> 1/4/09 10:15:48 AM [0x0-0x2a22a2].org.qgis.qgis[43880] Warning:
> QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
> [...]

Not sure about this, please try with some single-part geometries, then
we'll see whether this is still a problem...

Thanks for the testing,

Martin