[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Windows package progress?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 7 16:06:33 EST 2009

Hi Marco

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 14:33 +0100, Marco Pasetti wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> >I'm just wondering how things are going in terms of packaging QGIS 1.0
> >for windows.
>
> I still have some problems to fix. See here for more info
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2009-January/041750.html
> (sorry for the few words but I really need to "speed up everything")

No problem, to the point is good :-)

> >Do you have time to do it? Would you like me to try to find
> >some help for you? If you need anything, just shout! :-)
>
> Yes, not a lot of time, but I have time. I only need to fix some "opened
> questions" about the building environment (as you can read above), then I'll
> be able to strictly focus on the building items... I'll call you when I'll
> need some help.

Ok good.

> >I will wait to announce QGIS 1.0 release until you are ready with your
> >package.
>
> I'm afraid, but I'll be very late on the project this time. I think it will
> need one week more. Feel free to release without the MS-Windows installer...

No I will wait - the windows world will be greatly disappointed if we
announce the release and they have nothing to use. I'm not trying to
pressure you (well not a lot anyway :-), just trying to get an idea of
timeframes.

Best regards

Tim
 * QGIS programming services