[Qgis-developer] Deploying Python Plugins that require PostgreSQL drivers

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jan 22 13:12:24 EST 2009

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, 22. Jan 2009 at 17:24:25 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> I wrote a Python plugin that uses the QSqlDatabase object with PostgreSQL.
> While the deployment works fine on Linux and Windows, I get an error
> message on Mac OS X with an error message "Driver not loaded".

Qt needs to be compiled with libpq in order to have PostgreSQL in
QSqlDatabase.   QGIS uses libpq directly instead of requiring a
PostgreSQL enabled Qt.

> Anyone knows if such binary drivers for OSX exist and where I could get
> them? How do others deploy such plugins that need PostgreSQL a connection?

They use psycopg2 (at least the PostGIS Manager plugin does).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden