[Qgis-developer] Support for SpatiaLite?

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 06:25:40 EST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering how hard it might be to adapt the PostGIS manager plugin
so that it will also support SpatiaLite:

http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/

It seems to me that the two use exactly the same data model and are even
based on the same engine (GEOS) for topological processing.

The cool thing about SpatiaLite support would be to have a single-file
data format that is at least as convenient as Shapefiles, but without
those constraints on file size, attribute table fields, etc.

Just a thought ...

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES