[Qgis-developer] Support for SpatiaLite?

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 05:48:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

I just wanted to keep this discussion going=... the provider here:
> Right, there actually is a SpatiaLite provider already, based on the
> PostGIS provider:
>
> http://www.gaia-gis.it/QGisJanus/

could certainly be integrated into QGIS. A SpatialLight provider would
be a fantastic addition to the QGIS repertoire. It has been suggested
elsewhere that if QGIS worked with SpatialLight as easily as ESRI works
with Geodatabases, then SpatialLight might be able to grow into an
opensource Geodatabase alternative, which would be great for
data-sharing and portability...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was wondering how hard it might be to adapt the PostGIS manager plugin
>>> so that it will also support SpatiaLite:
>>>
>>> http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite/
>>>
> This is really a question for Alessandro Furieri, the dev of SL. I know
> he's already busy with this, but he could possibly profit from feedback.
> I think a SpatiaLite provider would be a great addition for QGIS,
> solving a long-standing limitation, so if Alessandro agrees I think it
> would be good to have the development happen straight into the qgis svn,
> possibly in a separate branch.
> All the best.
> pc

+1 here