[Qgis-developer] Deploying Python Plugins that require PostgreSQL drivers

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jan 26 15:25:20 EST 2009

No, binary/source of your plugin.  I have the Qt stuff.

Or maybe I misunderstood your plugin - did you try a C++ version?  Or
is it only python?  Maybe that is the problem, the Qt SQL plugins,
when bundled in Qgis, would be seen by the Qgis binary and any C++
plugins, but maybe the bundled PyQt can't see those.  Maybe it works
when the Qt SDK is installed because PyQt looks in the default Qt
plugin folder (even though Qgis looks in the Qgis app bundle).

Tom - do you know if PyQt uses the same qt.conf in the Qgis bundle
that Qgis itself uses?  Or is there a way in Python to set the plugin
paths?

On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> do you mean the binary of the QtSQL drivers? I took the QT 4.4.3
> versions from Trolltech qt-mac-opensource
>
> I am sure it is a problem that python or pyqt4 doesn't find the
> drivers - looking at the wrong place or some ldconfig not updated
> (if something like this exists on the Mac).
>
> Thanks for your assistance!
>
> Andreas
>
> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Can you provide a copy of the binary and/or source, so I can try it
>> myself?
>>
>> On Jan 26, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>>
>>> I have mixed results. I have 3 Macs at hand. On one Mac (Intel) it
>>> works,
>>> on the two others (Intel/PowerPC) it doesn't.
>>>
>>> The one Mac where it works has more dev-tools installed (the apple
>>> dev-tools, psql, etc.) - the other two were it fails have not dev-
>>> tools.
>>>
>>> Any other idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andreas

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect