a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jan 28 02:32:48 EST 2009
in addition to Paolos ideas there could be improvements in the following
* printing improvements (printing big rasters, grid lines/graticules in
print composer) - its probably mainly Marco Hugentobler, who is working on
* improved symbolization (Martin Dobias and colleagues)
* better table handling (handling big data sets (partial table loading),
widgets in the table (not only text input, like in the attribute dialogue)
* forms - a simple form editor would be useful
Of course it is a lot to do and not all needs to be done for the next
release - should be prioritized.
Regarding tables and forms: Autodesk Topobase has an excellent
tables/forms implementations. If you are interested I can put some ideas
together somewhere on the Wiki regarding tables/forms.
> Hi all.
> Just now I cannot find an updated roadmap (this appears old:
> It may be useful now, after the release of 1.0, to discuss how to
> proceed further. In my view there are two major issues we should deal
> - labelling
> - bug fixing (we crossed the 300 bugs line, which is not very nice)
> All the best.
> Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *
> Qgis-developer mailing list
> Qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland
Email: a.neumann at carto.net, Web:
* http://www.carto.net/ (Carto and SVG resources)
* http://www.carto.net/neumann/ (personal page)
* http://www.svgopen.org/ (SVG Open Conference)
* http://www.geofoto.ch/ (Georeferenced Photos of Switzerland)
More information about the Qgis-developer