[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Graticules

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 10:26:03 EST 2009

>> Following this idea, would carson be interested in including
>> FindByAttribute together with his tools as he already have a select by
>> location that is a sister tool. At least the menu bar will be more
>> organised. I could also put FindByAttribute in the same menu (inside
>> Tools-> Sampling Tools). Is it a good idea?

This is fine by me, we just have to make sure that the find by
attributes tool uses the same gui, and naming conventions as the rest of
the fTools.

On a similar note, I was thinking of reorganising the Tools (fTools)
menu to make it similar to the ArcGIS toolbox: a docking tree view list
type  interface.
My idea being that as more and more analysis tools are create, it might
be nice to have a simple architecture for organnising and keeping things
sane. In addition to this, we could implement a base 'analysis' gui,
which would essentially be a blank dialog with ok, cancel/quit, a
progress bar, and some fancy QGIS analysis logo (currently in
development) as the background. That way, new 'analysis' tools would
simply have to add their required fields to this base dialog, keeping
everything using the same conventions. It would be good to implement
some simple way to automagically add the tools to the 'toolbox' as
well... This of course would make it easier to add raster tools as well,
which could also be part of the toolbox...

Anyway, these are just some ideas for the future...

Carson