[Qgis-developer] Mac build missing QtWebKit.framework

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jan 31 12:13:07 EST 2009

Hmm, even outside Qgis, in Python, that crashes for me, and this is
with the untouched Qt frameworks and PyQt stuff on my system (before
bundling).  Qt 4.4.2, SIP 4.7.8, PyQt 4.4.4.

I don't really know anything about the inner (or outer) workings of Qt
and PyQt, so I can't really do much about it except ask over in the
PyQt list...

On Jan 31, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> also seems to crash on my machine (MacBook Pro Intel, Leopard)
>
> Though I have to admit that I am not experienced with using webkit
> from within python/qgis. But I sure will explore webkit in the
> future. It will be very interesting because of its SVG capabilities
> to display interactive graphics within QGIS (e.g. for diagrams,
> charts, reports, etc.). Compared to qts SVG it also supports
> Javascript for interactive SVGs.
>
> I am happy to try again, if another test build is available.
>
> Thank you for your work, William!
>
> Andreas
>
> Aaron Racicot wrote:
>> Hi there again William,
>>
>> Thanks a million for dealing with the webkit stuff and getting it
>> included.
>> I just dropped it onto my leopard based mac mini and while qgis
>> loads fine,
>> I get a crash when trying to use anything dealing with webkit.  As
>> a simple
>> test, I get a crash when doing the following from the python
>> console within
>> qgis:

>> This same simple test works fine on my linux and win box.  It is
>> completely
>> possible that it is something related to my setup (again, I am kind
>> of
>> lacking knowledge of macs), but could you give that a quick test
>> and verify
>> your build succeeds/fails with this test?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe