[Qgis-developer] bugs queue

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:51:19 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Another round of bugs cleanup. I think the situation is a bit difficult
> to deal with, as there is much noise, and my impression is that many
> devs tend to overlook it (quite understandably).
> Anyway, I suggest you all to have a look: many fruits are really
> low-hanging, or already on the ground.
> Perhaps we should set up a more detailed roadmap, and assign bugs&wishes
> to different milestones?
> I'm available for testing and help, if necessary.

Hi Paolo,

It's true that the trac is full of noise and important new features or
low hanging fruit is often not easily recognizable from others. One
possibility would be to create "easy-to-fix" report in trac that would
list bugs that shouldn't take long time. Also assigning bugs and
wishes to milestones would help, but I have no idea what heuristics to
use for decisions.

Probably a good way would be to remove milestones from tickets by
default and set milestones only for some of them (critical bugs and
planned features). That might cause less noise when looking at tickets
of a milestone. Anyway, it's not easy to find the right approach...

Regards
Martin