[QGIS-Developer] Build QGIS on Windows - Query

Abhay abhay.menon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:23:13 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:18 AM, godofredo contreras <frdcn at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Reading the INSTALL file I can see it is also outdated.
>
> The file qgis_msvc_deps_except_qt4.zip used to contain all headers and
> libraries needed to build Qgis, now you can download OSGeo4W from here:
> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/osgeo4w-setup.exe and download and
> install GDAL, GEOS, GSL, EXPAT, POSTGRES libs.
>
> then in the cmake step point to lib and include folders of your osgeo4w
> installation directory, this way cmake can find the dependencies.
>
> Regards
> Godofredo Contreras

Thanks Godofredo and Tim for your inputs.

I am able to compile the missing dependency like sqlite and postgresql using
the OSGeo4W libs.

The only question I am left with is, I have installed pre-compiled version
of QGis that come with OSGeo4W.
The plugins dir of those present in my home dir under *".qgis"* folder is
raising error related to python plugin.
Is there a possibility to be able to run my source compiled edition with
separate profile?

Thanks and Rgds.

Abhay.