[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] Poll on website]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jul 18 06:32:20 EDT 2009

Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> One of the big advantages QGIS currently has, is that I (as a
> user/customer) can get in new features relatively quickly (compared to
> commercial GIS). QGIS should use this advantage and release often.

Agreed fully. I think we cannot trust download stats at all, as many
(most?) people download qgis from OSGeo or their distro sites.
Furthermore, the prominent notice on our web site "1.0.2 is the only
good one" pushes hard downloaders towards that version.
Incidentally, I must say that having people using 1.0.2 makes also
people reporting old bugs as new ones, which makes keeping the bug queue
clean more difficult.
I repeat mysel, but I think that deprecating 1.0.2 and releasing 1.2 now
is the way to go. Please note that we only have 9 critical bugs open
now, the lowest number since ages.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini: http://faunalia.it/pc