[Qgis-developer] New GeoCoding python plugin

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:33:49 EDT 2009

Hi

I am under ubuntu 9.04, Qgis 1.0.1
I have installed geopy, using this

svn checkout http://geopy.googlecode.com/svn/branches/reverse-geocode geopy
cd geopy/
sudo python setup.py install

I worked, see:
Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/geopy-0.93dev_r84-py2.6.egg
Processing dependencies for geopy==0.93dev-r84
Finished processing dependencies for geopy==0.93dev-r84

But the plugin stills complains about geopy missing. I have not installed it
with easy_install, because I do not know what it is (and installing the
package python-virtualenv did not help :(  )

Any hints ?

Thanks in advance

kimaidou