[Qgis-developer] qgis 1.2 findings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:29:38 EDT 2009

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for the feedback. But I must note that it's much better to file
a ticket for every bug you encounter. Posting a list of bugs to
mailing list usually generates less or no response.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Giovanni
Manghi<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> 5) "Simplify Feature" tool. When you use this tool a slider appear to
> let you choose the tolerance. If you mode the slider forth and back and
> then you choose the initial value (and click ok), qgis crashes
>
> "Fatal: ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::operator[]: "index out of range",
> file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h, line 331
> Aborted"

Not reproducible here. Is that with every layer you try? What type -
polygon / line? Multipart? Does that happen occasionally or always?

> 6) In a postgis layer if I add a column with the "postgis manager", the
> attribute table is not immediately updated, as I have to reload the
> layer to see the changes. This doesn't happens if the column is added
> trough "Properties -> Attributes", but sometimes (usually the first try)
> this freezes qgis.

Think about postgis manager as an external application: layer loaded
in qgis doesn't know anything about the newly added column (otherwise
it would have to check every time). No idea about the freeze, probably
a run condition.

> 10) If I delete a postgis column with the "postgis manager" and the I
> open the attributes table I only see "ERROR" as values. If I reload the
> layer everything seems fine.

Applies the same as above.

Martin