[Qgis-developer] qgis 1.2 findings

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 11:35:40 EDT 2009

> thanks for the feedback.

you (devs) welcome.

> But I must note that it's much better to file
> a ticket for every bug you encounter. Posting a list of bugs to
> mailing list usually generates less or no response.

Ok,
but I just wanted to have your feedback before eventually filing
tickets.

> > "Fatal: ASSERT failure in QVector<T>::operator[]: "index out of range",
> > file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h, line 331
> > Aborted"
>
> Not reproducible here. Is that with every layer you try? What type -
> polygon / line? Multipart? Does that happen occasionally or always?

I'm struggling trying find a pattern, but it happens indeed,
lines/polygons/multipart. I tested complex layers and even very simple
ones created on purpose.

> > 6) In a postgis layer if I add a column with the "postgis manager", the
> > attribute table is not immediately updated, as I have to reload the
> > layer to see the changes. This doesn't happens if the column is added
> > trough "Properties -> Attributes", but sometimes (usually the first try)
> > this freezes qgis.
>
> Think about postgis manager as an external application: layer loaded
> in qgis doesn't know anything about the newly added column (otherwise
> it would have to check every time).

So why/how adding a column trough "Properties -> Attributes" works
different?

> > 10) If I delete a postgis column with the "postgis manager" and the I
> > open the attributes table I only see "ERROR" as values. If I reload the
> > layer everything seems fine.
>
> Applies the same as above.

Same as above :)

deleting a column trough "Properties -> Attributes" doesn't mess
temporarily the table.

thanks

-- Giovanni --