[Qgis-developer] Raster Plugin

Florian Hillen fhillen at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Mar 4 17:28:31 EST 2009

Hi,

first of all I want to thank you for the BuildingQGIS-Tutorial. It helped
me much with creating a running development environment on my windows
machine.

Now I want to be sure, that the plugin I'm planning is not under way by
anyone else or already included in QGIS.
I want to write a plugin which transforms a rasterlayer to an new
coordinate system (content: choose raster -> choose new coordinate system
-> new rastername and rastertype -> save and add to canvas). I know that a
reprojection on-the-fly is already implemented for the whole project, but
I'm not sure if this works only on a specific layer too. And what if I
choose an other coordinate system for the project, can I save the
transformed rasterlayer?
If this still can be done with QGIS, please tell me.

Thanks and best regards,
Florian