[Qgis-developer] build qgis-grass plugin on Windows

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Mar 20 04:39:08 EDT 2009

Hi Giovanni,

On Wed, 18. Mar 2009 at 19:36:46 +0100, G. Allegri wrote:
> 1 - how were the various libs you listed built? VS or MinGW. AFAIK they're
> used both from Grass and QGIS, am I wrong? I thought that Grass couldn't use
> libs built with VS...

Most of the libraries are build with MS Visual C++ Express 2008.   Some
are build with mingw if the only were necessary for GRASS and didn't
have some way to build them with VC already.

> 2 - this is the qgis ml but do you know how grass was built (osgeo4w
> msys+mnigw would be ok?) and, related to the previous question, against which
> libs?

GRASS is build with MinGW.  There are a few binaries that I took from
the MinGW install (regex I think).

And about wxPython I lost track.  It think I started with precompiled
binaries, then built it with VC 2008 and later even switched to VS2003 -
which the python in OSGeo4W was built with.   But those would just
change the symtoms of the SWIG problem I have with wxnviz+wxvdigit, but
not cure them.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden