[Qgis-developer] Improvements to open vector dialog

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:00:13 EDT 2009

Hi Carson:

First of all thank you for the feedback.

> Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:15:05 +0000
> From: carson.farmer at gmail.com
> To: frdcn at hotmail.com
> CC: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Improvements to open vector dialog
>
> Hi Godofredo
> > Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
> New add vector dialog looks great so far, just a few quick comments:
>
> 1) On my system, almost all of the drop-down menus in the initial dialog
> are not displaying at a reasonable height. This can be fixed by
> specifying a minimum height in Qt Designer.

I will fix this the weekend and commit the changes.

> 2) I don't like that my password is displayed when a postGIS layer is
> loaded. I think there is a 'display-safe' way of returning a postGIS
> connection string, so you way want to have a look at that.

I will fix this the weekend and commit the changes.

> 3) For postGIS connections, I don't suppose it would be possible to have
> the ability to specify a 'WHERE' clause similar to the current 'add
> postGIS' tool. Perhaps this could be done from the sub-layer dialog?

Yes, I will modify the sublayers dialog to add the ability to specify an ogr sql

sentence, this way the user can filter the fields he or she wants to load and

also specify a where clause.

> Anyway, just my two cents ;-)

Regards

Godofredo Contreras