Fwd: [Qgis-developer] Qgis for Openmoko ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 02:57:56 EDT 2009

Hi all

Thanks a lot for your replies. A few information, comment here:
* yes qtextended is not dead, since the community saved the baby.
* it would be great to port qgis on the other distributions, but for that,
we will need to find or compile the qt librairies. At this time, they are
available "easily" for debian based distributions, but not for SHR (the more
used community distribution).
* Since we wont use a mobile gis as a desktop one, there is no need to run
the whole thing on the openmoko. Getting GPS position, loading one or 2 ogr
vector files and one raster or one wms layer would be great.
* The difficulty is to think about a finger friendly gui (the openmoko
screen is small).

Anyway this could be a great adventure !
I will be on vacation the folling week, but will come back soon :D

Kimaidou