[Qgis-developer] cannot build qgis with python inside osgeo4w: python isn't detected

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 05:36:47 EDT 2009

Ok, I've solved this problem. I had to fix python manglings, between
my own installs and osgeo4w.

Now I can build almost everything but:

1 -  It misses the important part for me: grass! I've recompiled grass
from trunk and created the .lib files with dumplib, etc. Now they're
located under OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.5.svn/lib, but thet're named
with 'lib' prefix (i.e. libgrass_arraystats.dll), while the libs
provided with OSGeo4W don't have it (grass_arraystats.dll). Why? Is
this causing grass not to be compiled? The strange is that cmake
doesn't raise errors, but grass folder isn't there (under plugins dir)
as expected...

2 - nmake install exits with error because it can't locate
win_build/vcdeps files. I see thy're set in cmale_install.cmake...
What is that folder?! Where CMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT should have been
set?

Thanks for you great help!
Giovanni