[Qgis-developer] OSGeo4W Windows version: SVG graphics in toolbar icons don't display

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 11 08:23:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have the strange situation that when using SVG graphics as icons in the
Plugins toolbar, it only displays on ubuntu, not on the OSGeo4W trunk
version. I wonder if some library or setting is missing in the Windows
version?

I am using the following resource file:

-------
<RCC>
    <qresource prefix="/plugins/usterfinder" >
        <file>UsterFinder.png</file>
        <file>UsterFinder.svg</file>
    </qresource>
</RCC>
------

I then ran (on Linux):
pyrcc4 -o resources_rc.py resources_rc.qrc

-------

in my python code I use the following:
self.action =
QAction(QIcon(":/plugins/usterfinder/UsterFinder.png"),"Uster-Finder",self.iface.mainWindow())

this works fine with the png version, but if I use the SVG version, it
only works on Ubuntu, not on Windows. Still have to try the Mac version

Any idea on why this fails on Windows? I successfully display SVG at other
places in Plugins, e.g. through a QSvgWidget() - this works fine, also on
Windows.

Thanks,
Andreas

--