[Qgis-developer] Real-Time GPS Plugin for QGIS?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:53:12 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Bob Bruce <Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca> wrote:
> Martin:
>                I've seen your work with the Quantum Navigator but never saw a real time
> GPS link. Have you created such a thing and integrated it into the QN?

Hi Bob,

Quantum Navigator never got proper GPS integration, it uses just a GPS
simulator. In our qgis-mapper project we're developing a plugin that
(apart from other functionality like recording audio and video) reads
real-time GPS data - either directly from a serial port or from a file
or using gpsd.

You can find the plugin here:
https://urtax.ms.mff.cuni.cz/qgis-mapper/trac/browser/trunk/sandbox/gatherplugin

The repository is not available for public, you would need to download
the files manaully. It's still in development, so expect problems of
any kind :-) ... although the gps support is in quite good shape.

Martin