[Qgis-developer] trouble with translation files

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat May 23 11:55:08 EDT 2009

Carson Farmer wrote:
> HI list,
>
> I am having quite a bit of trouble building the latest trunk due to
> several translation files. Is there a way to get around this problem? Do
> I have to upgrade my version of Qt?
>
> This is really bugging me, and simply removing the files that don't get
> generated properly is obviously not a real solution... any ideas?
>
> Carson

Actually the issue is with QT 4.5 a quick hack to keep working is to
remove all instances of the degree symbol and copyright symbol from all
of the .ts files. Of course don't commit this back.

We'll have to keep searching the QT changelogs to figure out why these
symbols are causing issues now.

Tested thanks to some folk at WhereCamp 09,
Alex