[Qgis-developer] Re: qgis binary compiled with new gdal-mrsid - 1.6.1-2 ?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri May 29 13:12:05 EDT 2009

Hi Agus,

On Fri, 29. May 2009 at 11:50:17 +0200, Agustin Lobo wrote:
> Jef,

Please don't call me by my initials.  I'm Jürgen. ;)

> Are you planning to build the QGIS binaries for ubuntu using the new
> gdal-mrsid - 1.6.1-2 library ?

I've added a new ppa that depends on the ubuntugis ppa and copied the source
packages across.  The QGIS available there were build with GDAL 1.6 from
ubuntugis and should therefore work with MrSid files, if you have the
appropriated GDAL plugins installed:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jef-norbit/qgis-unstable-ubuntugis-jef/ubuntu jaunty main

If you can verify that they are working, we should probably copy QGIS into the
ubuntugis ppa (for which I would need to be reactivated) - or into a new qgis
ppa.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden