[Qgis-developer] py plugins organization

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 05:16:48 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:31:57 +0100, Borys Jurgiel <borysiasty at aster.pl>
> wrote:
>
>>> - the unclassifiable ones could be put in a ugly m. (miscellaneous), so
>>> stimulate devs to clearly classify their plugins
>>> - eventually, general plugins could go in their own menu (g.)
>>
>> This is the biggest problem, as what we have is just a huge bunch of
>> various
>> plugins not organized in any way at their development stage, so it's
>> completely not comparable to the coherent set of the grass modules ;-)
>
> That's why I suggested to put them in an ugly menu ;)

Actually we can't (and shouldn't) force plugins to go into a specified
menu. There are many ways how a plugin could integrate into QGIS, so
we've concluded that forbid any way.

The only thing we're going to do is to create guidelines for plugin
developers and hope they will follow them. And if someone would like
his plugin to get among official plugins, the plugin would be accepted
only when it conforms with these guidelines.

Martin