[Qgis-developer] feedback/bug report from a qgis course based on qgis-dev

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 09:04:13 EST 2009

Hi all,

we are in the middle of a course with a group of biologists and I would
like to leave here some feedback.

Attendees are using qgis trunk on both windows (xp, vista, seven) and
ubuntu linux.

Let me know if I have to open tickets for the problems here reported.

*) under windows, the postgis manager plugin still have the bug reported
here

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1911

*) on some pcs (both linux and windows) the right-ctrl key doesn't works
while using the "node tool"

*) the "simplify feature" tool freezes/crashes windows (xp,vista,seven)
if used on small *simple* polygons in a shapefile defined in a projected
(20790) CRS and otfr on.

*) the "split feature" tool randomly freezes/crashes qgis on both linux
and windows when used on the very same features (in a projected -20790-
CRS and otfr on).

*) the "add part" tool randomly freezes/crashes qgis on both linux and
windows when used on the very same features (in a projected -20790- CRS
and otfr on).

*) the "delete part" tool works only if ones clicks on a node of the
part to be deleted. If the part is a polygon and one clicks on it, the
tool doesn't works. Same conditions as above.

*) when zooming a lot to see a node of a polygon (same conditions as
above), qgis takes a lot to get trough it and ultimately crashes (seg
fault) on both linux and windows.

*) when using the "identify" tool the windows that pop-up is not the
normal one, but the one that now I believe is called "view feature
form". When identifying features randomly appears the standard dialog
window. Happens on both linux and windows.

For the third straight course it was possible to show that reporting
bugs do actually works and works really fast. At the end of the first
day I reported a problem with the label UI and the day after it was
already fixed (thanks Tim!)!.

Saluti

-- Giovanni --