[Qgis-developer] Ready: QGIS callout labels with screenshots, source and test project. Martin, you will get it?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:45:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 7:15 AM, ttestt <adygtfi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've made some changes to have callout labels with traditional(old) labels
> engine.
> This is very useful to prepare printable nice looking maps.
> I think this code will be useful.
>
> I think there is a tool to move labels needed (tool will write label's
> position to an attribute table's fields) to make work with labels more
> comfortable. But, maybe, some will advise more powerful solution.

Hi "Ttestt"

In the attached archive I've found a project file, sample data and
modified QgsLabel class. This is not really developer friendly format.
To make a proper patch, I would suggest you to use 'svn diff' command
to create a patch file that contains only the changes (and not the
whole files). Then create a new ticket in QGIS Trac and attach the
patch. Like that, the proposed changes will not get lost in mailing
list archive and someone will be able review the changes and possibly
apply them to the repository.

>From a very brief look I see you haven't done any changes to GUI, so
how would people enable/disable the functionality?

Please proceed with creation of a ticket in Trac. The following is an
example of a patch contributed by community and later applied to qgis
sources:
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1478

Regards
Martin