[Qgis-developer] RE: [Qgis-user] Can't install "Image Cutter" plugin

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Thu Oct 1 11:56:26 EDT 2009

Thanks for your help Borys. I must have inadvertently removed the resources.py file when I deleted the .pyc files. I will fix that this evening (I'm serving this out of my computer at home). Or maybe I will just change the code to use the qrc_resources.py file instead, because remembering to copy this file to resources.py gets to be a pain.

I hear you about the image sizes for the Image Clipper help pages. I'm going to see if I can reduce the sizes and still have decent resolution so that the help page can work. I eventually intend to make a help page accessible from the QGIS menus similar to the help for the Image Cutter.

I appreciate the effort that you, Nikos and Agus are putting in to test these plugins. It will be interesting to see if the Image Cutter plugin is useful to people.

I really do enjoy developing in Python. A Canadian guy, Jean-Francois Doyon used to tell me that Python was a great language but I never got around to learning it until this year and I'm really sorry that I didn't learn it sooner.

	Bob