[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Value Tool Plug-in Problem

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:46:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

Hopefully this will get your students in order. Sorry for the oversight.

Regards,
John

On Sep 29, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Borys Jurgiel wrote:

> Dnia wtorek, 29 września 2009 o 23:55:30 pabloaz napisał(a):
>> Agus,
>>
>> It seems "Scattergram" is doing the same thing as "Value Tool".
>
> So it seems it's another problem. You probably need the Qwt5 python
> module.
>
>> "Shaded Relief" and "Image Clipper" were invalid or with unfulfilled
>> dependencies, it seems they require other plugins (i.e. gdal and
>> osgeo). I
>> couldn't find Osgeo.
>
> As above, you need to install the python-gdal module (the both
> 'gdal' and
> 'osgeo' names refer to the same module).
>
> Could any Mac Geek provide an instruction how to install python
> modules and
> publish it on the wiki? :)

Borys,

I'm not sure where on the wiki (qgis wiki?) this would go, but feel
free to put it on for me wherever you feel it is appropriate. If you
have the all-in-one qgis bundle, ymmv:

Value Tool Plugin on OS X:
(These instructions were performed on OS X 10.6.1, but should work on
10.5+; not sure about tiger or older. I assume you have the Apple
Developer tools, Qt, and other Qgis build requirements installed on
your machine as per the Build from Source instructions for OS X.)

The gdal and osgeo modules are part of William's gdal framework, so
make sure those are installed on your system. The value tool plugin
requires pyqwt5 as well. To install this, first download the latest
source (e.g., 'curl -O http://softlayer.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pyqwt/pyqwt5/PyQwt-5.2.0/PyQwt-5.2.0.tar.gz
), and enter the source directory (I assume you have qwt source and
pyqwt source in the same directory, e.g., your root or a temp
directory). Enter the configure directory and edit configure.py with
your favorite editor. Change line 186 from '    qmake = os.path.join
(configuration.qt_dir, 'bin', 'qmake')' to '    qmake = os.path.join
(configuration.qt_dir, 'usr', 'bin', 'qmake')', then save and run
'python configure.py -Q ../qwt-5.2'. After this, 'make' and 'sudo make
install' and your all set to install the Value Tool plugin from the
Plugin Manager in Qgis.

Regards,
John