[Qgis-developer] SVG export

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Thu Oct 8 23:42:39 EDT 2009

Alex,

Thanks for this report, and ++ from me.

I've been involved with OSM community members thinking about making
high resolution print maps from openstreetmap data through Mapnik, and
most agree this means rendering to scaled vectors (based on setting a
resolution to avoid needing to manually tweak line widths, font sizes,
and symbols), and then laying out and making final adjustments in
Illustrator or Inskcape.

This is one of the fellows spearheading a list of both UI dreams and
hard, practical features needed:

http://bit.ly/osm-to-svg-or-eps-to-paper

Dane