[Qgis-developer] Composer grid issue

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:44:56 EDT 2009

Marco,

I was excited to see the new map composer grid feature. I tried it out
on some field maps last week and found out that the grids were not
accurate. I believe you might be able to reproduce an error with the
attached test file. It appears to be a dpi issue, for some reason.

Here are my steps:
1) Open a new qgis canvas and add the attached shapefile.
2) Verify that the projection (CRS) is set to epsg 26911 for the
project.
3) Zoom in to a subset of the grid at approximately 1:100000 scale.
4) Open the map composer and add the map canvas to the composer canvas.
5) Turn on the composer grid with a 5000x5000 spacing.
6) Now, zoom in the map composer 4 or 5 times.
7) With the map layer selected, update the preview and note the offset
between the two grids.
8) Output a png image at 300 dpi (should look correct).
9) Output a png image at 200 dpi (the offset should show).

On another note, it would be nice to be able to suppress the
scientific notation of the grid labels. In the UTM example I have, the
scientific notation is actually a larger label than the full integer
value.

Cheers,
John