[Qgis-developer] How do you build the sample QGis application?

Henri De Feraudy feraudyh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 10:52:52 EDT 2009

The QGis documentation for version 1.0.2 has a section that starts as following

16  Creating C++ Applications
Not everyone wants a full blown GIS desktop application. Sometimes you want to just have a widget
inside your application that displays a map while the main goal of the application lies elsewhere. Per-
haps a database frontend with a map display? This Section provides two simple code examples by
Tim Sutton. They are available in the qgis subversion repository together with more interesting tuto-
rials. Check out the whole repository from: https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/code_examples/

Unfortunately the link provided is not valid.

I'm on WIndows XP.
Now I started off hoping I could develop this application just like an ordinary Qt application, using QMake.
Am I deluded? Do I have to learn CMake?

All attempts I have tried have generated lots of compiler errors.
Now I have peeked into a file CMakelists.tx that suggests that CORE_EXPORT should be defined as __declspec(dllexport)
and the same definition for GUI_EXPORT
(but this is a guess)

Are there any other defines?
On Tim Sutton's blog someone suggested that there be a define
QGISPLUGINDIR=$${QGISPLUGINDIR} CORE_EXPORT= GUI_EXPORT=
This is contradictory with my __declspec(dllexport) (for the last two) and i cant find any occurence of QGISPLUGINDIR

Thankyou
Henri