[Qgis-developer] Hackfest 2009

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:46:58 EDT 2009

Hi to all attending the Hackfest 2009 in Vienna/Austria!

Just a short summary ..

First meeting (just for the impatient) is on 5th of November (Thursday
evening)
I already have the keys to the University and we can look where all the
nice places and things we are allowed to use are.
I'd like to suggest that we meet in front of the University (Big
red-yellow brick building .. 1190 Wien, Peter Jordan Strasse 82) at ..
let's say 5:00 P.M. (public transport 10A, 40A, 37A - unfortunately only
busses go there but I'm sure you'll manage it)

The official "opening" of the Hackfest is on Friday Morning at 9:00 A.M.
with a short introduction and welcome from the head of the institute Dr.
Reinfried Mansberger.
I still hope that I can make some friend of mine to do a professional
tour through the old town of vienna on friday evening.
Saturday and Sunday we're more or less "alone" at university so no
student should "disturb" us ;)
On monday I think a lot will already leave the Hackfest - so I plan to
do some "recapitulation" in the morning and would like to end the
hackfest officially at "high noon" - of course if your flight or train
is leaving later we can still sit together for hacking or chatting ..

So thats the plan from my side
Every evening I'll look if people want to go for lunch(dinner) together
and reserve some restaurant near university .. (depends how many would
take part)

Any suggestions - any problems - any other things -> just drop me an email

hope to see you soon

regards
Werner (the big organizer ;) )