[Qgis-developer] Which compiler should I use to build example code?

Henri De Feraudy feraudyh at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 15:58:36 EDT 2009

Hello,
  I'm still trying to get the first sample code to compile and link.
They are here:
https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/code_examples/

I downloaded version 1.0.2 for windows from here http://qgis.org/en/download/binaries.html
and on that page it's said it's a MSVC build. When I try to build with my Visual C++ express I get the following message at link time.

C:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev\bin\QGis_core.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x328
Does this mean it was built with GCC?
The compilation guide by Marco Pasetti suggests that we use MinGW.
Are both options quite viable?
yours truly
Henri