[Qgis-developer] OSX Snow Leopard update & notes

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Sep 3 23:47:49 EDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 4:12 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> - SIP/PyQt need some fixes, but it's not difficult.  A big problem
> is that the Python executable is now 64bit (!), but Qt (standard) is
> still 32bit only, so you need to force it to run 32bits so that SIP
> and PyQt configuration and tools work properly. (ie pyuic4 is a
> shell script that runs the pyuic python script)  And the arch
> command is broken, so it's not simple.
>
> When everything is working smoothly, I'll look into Qt Cocoa.

I have been using qt-cocoa, and there are some general issues with it,
like the loss of text tags when hovering over items in the canvas
legend. I cannot change text color for text labels in the composer,
and probably more stuff along those lines.

Additionally, I cannot seem to get my python plugins working at this
point. I have the python console, but the plugins are not functioning,
despite updating my install_name_tool post-build stuff. This, I
believe, relates back to the unincorporated patch in ticket 1658. I
will try applying the patch and see if it helps.
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1658

John